Get Your Own! | View Slideshow

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Compassion Knocks on My Door

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. " Lamentations 3:21-23 This morning God reminded me of His great faithfulness and of His compassion. Honestly, last night I tossed and turned thinking of all the things I needed to do to get ready for NYC. Now for those of you who really know me the truth is most of what I worried about getting done were the things I had commanded myself to do. These things are not necessary for us to get to NYC and do the work there. I guess you would call it fluff stuff. Anyway, I spent time praying and finally drifted off to sleep. This morning however I was awaken by a call from a dear lady in my church. She had baked me cookies and wanted to bring them by to me before I went to work. She also had a gift for me to use for my trip. Now, when I cried out to the Lord last night I couldn't have imagined how he would answer my prayer, but how great it is that our God is so gracious and kind that He would send a "compassion" to my door this very morning! My visit with this friend was short, but what an encouragement it was and what an attitude adjustment I made. Today I have tossed all worry aside and I am looking forward to what the Lord has in store for me and for the 4 other ladies on this team. God is at work and what a privilege it is that He has invited us to join Him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sandy Barnette said...

I have learned from my own experiences that God has let me feel despair, so He could show me Hope; He has let me feel frustrations, so He could show me peace; He has let me feel hurt, so that He could show me comfort; He has let me be sick, so He could show me healing;He has let me feel unloved, so that He could show me His Love; He let me know people like you and with that He showed me friendship. I know your trip will be so good. You will all be in my prayers. Be sure to send pictures!

July 13, 2006 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home